Re: smtp server by select method/group

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: smtp server by select method/group
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:10:03 +0200

On 29 Sep 2004 13:38:21 -0700 Kyle Rose wrote:

Kyle> So, I have two imap servers I use: one for home, and one for work.
Kyle> For various reasons mostly having to do with security, I'd like to
Kyle> send email to work addresses through the work smtp servers, and all
Kyle> other email through my personal smtp server.  Is there a way to
Kyle> configure Gnus (message?) to do this?

Untested:

(defun jk/smtp-work ()
  "*Change SMTP server settings to use arcor.de facilities"
  (interactive)
  (setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "mail.work.com"
        smtpmail-smtp-server "mail.work.com"))

Then add (eval (jk/smtp-work)) to the appropriate posting style.

Kyle> to put the right address in the From: line when I'm in the summary
Kyle> page.  However, I'd like to have the right address show up if I hit
Kyle> "m" from the group page.  Is there a way to do this?

Use C-u m in the Group buffer.

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)