different From: address for each nnimap group?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: different From: address for each nnimap group?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:36:36 +0100

hi all,

just started using Gnus for both mail and news, and i'm having a question
that i can't seem to get answered from the documentation.

when i post to usenet, i want my email address to appear as you see in the
From: header. so i set user-mail-address to it. however, this yahoo
address is not my main email address. i use it for usenet and for all of
these on-line registrations, anything i expect to get spam from,
basically. i have two other addresses, one work and one private, which i
access through nnimap-backends. now when i send from either of these nnimap
groups, i want the corresponding email address to appear in my From:
header, rather than the yahoo address.

i just haven't been able to find how to accomplish this. anyone have an
idea?

TIA

--
Joost Kremers