Re: use gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article only in certain groups

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: use gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article only in certain groups
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:50:49 +0100

On Tue, Dec 14 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> (setq gnus-parameters
>           '(("^nnimap.*"
>        (eval
>         (add-to-list (make-local-variable 'gnus-select-article-hook)
>                      'gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article)))))
>
> _Does not work_ for me in the sense that nothing is added to my
> gnus-select-article-hook.

On Tue, Dec 14 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> Using
> and adding in the field Unknown entries
> Lisp expression
> (eval
>         (add-to-list (make-local-variable 'gnus-select-article-hook)
>                      'gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article))
>
> Does the trick.

Hm, I don't see any difference.  Is nnimap your primary server
(gnus-select-method)?

> Interesting to note that you have set
>     Reiner> (setq X-gnus-select-article-hook nil)
> BTW what is the X-gnus-select-article-hook, it seems not to exist in
> my gnus snapshot.

`X-gnus-select-article-hook' was just an otherwise non-existing
variable for testing this.  Therefore I had to define it first (using
setq).

> [1]   mixing up key F with R (not the first time, thanks for pointing
> out the variable gnus-confirm-mail-reply-to-news'?

Another possibility is to use `F' all the time.  :-)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)