Re: Installing 5.10.6: permission for gnus-load.el

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Installing 5.10.6: permission for gnus-load.el
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:55:18 +0100

On 17 Dec 2004 18:37:54 +0100, Robert wrote:

> I'm having trouble installing 5.10.6 under xemacs 21.4. Two things
> seem to go wrong:

>  (1) make install fails, not being able to write to
> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ (see output below)

Running 'make install' isn't recommended, as far as I remember.

Also, you seem to have forgotten to tell 'make' that your EMACS is
xemacs. See the file README in the distribution:

,----[ gnus-5.10.6/README ]

`----

> % make install cd lisp && make EMACS="emacs"
[...]

!

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "Så har den første snøen falt                                Adam Sjøgren
  men det er ikkje derfor det er kaldt"                  asjo@koldfront.dk