Re: Automatically marking folder as read

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: Automatically marking folder as read
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:52:54 +0100

Krishnakumar B <kitty@dre.vanderbilt.edu> writes:

> I use procmail to filter all the junk mail to a folder called junk.  I am
> using nnml backend.  Is there a way for me to mark messages in this folder
> (or any folder) as read automatically (just like I can set
> gnus-gcc-mark-as-read to t)?  I don't want to forward spam to /dev/null as
> sometimes I have had to retrieve legit mail from the junk folder.

That sounds like you look into this folder occassionally, but
generally you just want it to expire all messages? (That is, you do
not really care about "read" status?)

So what's about setting the group to level 6 or 7 to avoid seeing it
in the message count and setting total-expire for the group?

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)