How do you say "gnus"?

From: David Sumbler
Subject: How do you say "gnus"?
Date: 31 Dec 2004 13:09:55 +0000

I've just started using Gnus - it's great, although I've only
scratched the surface yet.

Up until now I've been using Pine, but Gnus seems to fetch news about
1,000,000 times faster than Pine; Pine has a lot of other irritating
characteristics as well.

I haven't had the courage to transfer my mail to Gnus yet, but I fully
intend to at some point in the next few days.

Now for the trivial question: how do you say "Gnus"?  Is it pronounced
like "News", or do the cognoscienti pronounce it in some other way?

You see, I don't know anybody else who uses Linux - all my Linux
contacts are via e-mail and newsgroups.  So I never get to hear these
words pronounced.

For that matter, how do people usually say "Emacs"?  I say "Ee-macs",
but perhaps it should be "Em-axe".

On the very rare occasions when I have managed to get to a local Linux
user group (my work schedule doesn't usually allow it) I've realized
that most people seem to say "Line-ux" for what I think of as
"Linn-ux".  I suppose none of it matters much, especially if I never
get to talk to anyone about these things!

David

--

David Sumbler

Please reply to the newsgroup.

However, if you _really_ want to send me an e-mail,
replace "nospam" in my address with "aeolia".