Checking mail

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Checking mail
Date: 02 Jan 2005 00:11:10 +0000

As a new Gnus user (that's hard to say!) I have now set things up to
read my mail.  I am using the nnfolder backend.

It seems to be working OK, but in the Group buffer all my mail groups
appear with an asterisk instead of the number of unread messages (I am
using the default gnus-group-line-format).  And the line appears in
cyan instead of grey like all my newsgroups.

Also, when I press 'g' to to get new "articles" only proper newsgroups
are updated, not the mail groups.  The only way I seem to be able to
get the actual number of unread e-mails to show in the Group buffer is
to enter then quit each group in turn.

I've spent a couple of hours trying to find the answer to this (which
will probably count as a "stupid question", once I know the answer),
but without success.

Could someone explain it to me, please?

David

--

David Sumbler

Please reply to the newsgroup.

However, if you _really_ want to send me an e-mail,
replace "nospam" in my address with "aeolia".