imap and flag indicating new mail

From: bigfaceworm
Subject: imap and flag indicating new mail
Date: 7 Jan 2005 08:21:51 -0800

All,

When using gnus to read mail from unix mail (the inbox), it's easy to
set up a flag in the mode line/frame title bar that tells me when I've
got new mail.

I've started using imap for my mail, and I'd like to set things up so
emacs tells me when I've got new mail on the exchange server.

Does anyone have pointers to how to do this?

tia,

BFW

ps. The method I use now is on a timer, and just checks the inbox every
30 seconds/minute.  I would presumably just hook into that via imap.