Re: sending mail

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: sending mail
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:10:30 +0900

> yesterday I have tried t-gnus and i have removed endured that.

First of all, is there a reason to use T-gnus rather than Gnus?
Although I'm still maintaining T-gnus, I don't have a reason to
use it because Gnus is much improved and is good at dealing with
multilingual messages nowadays.

What versions of T-gnus, SEMI, FLIM and APEL are you using?  If
you are running T-gnus on XEmacs, please note that you should
not use the XEmacs APEL package; it is not suitable to T-gnus.
Instead, you can remove the package and install the recent APEL
from the source.  It is available from:

ftp://ftp.m17n.org:/pub/mule/apel/apel-10.6.tar.gz

FYI, the recent SEMI and FLIM is available from the same site:

ftp://ftp.m17n.org/pub/mule/flim/flim-1.14/flim-1.14.7.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.m17n.org/pub/mule/semi/semi-1.14-for-flim-1.14/semi-1.14.6.tar.gz

> from that moment I more do not succeed to send mail. ("wrong type
> argument: stringp, nil" and the cursor go on the from header)

> help me.

To start debugging, set the debug-on-error variable to t (M-x
set-variable RET debug-on-error RET t RET).  And you'll get a
Lisp backtrace when such an error occurs.  It may include
informations something to be useful to solve the problem.