using spam.el

From: Al Arduengo
Subject: using spam.el
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:13:39 GMT

I am having the dickens of a time understanding how to use spam.el with
bogofilter.  So far I have the following in my custom.el and .gnus:

(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
      nnmail-split-fancy
      '(|
        (: spam-split)
        ....))

in my .gnus and:

(require 'spam)
(spam-initialize)
(require 'gnus-registry)
(gnus-registry-initialize)
(setq spam-log-to-registry t)
(setq spam-use-bogofilter t)

in my ~/.xemacs/custom.el.

When fetching mail this setup does seem to be filtering messages.  My
issue right now is that when I get a false positive and the message is
thrown into the spam folder, is there some straight forward way to
classify it as ham?  I read that when spam is initialized I get one
command which classifies as spam and one which shows the score.  Is
there one that classifies a message as ham?

Thanks.
-Al A.
--
~/.signature