Re: bitstream vera sans mono ugly in gnus

From: Peter Petersen
Subject: Re: bitstream vera sans mono ugly in gnus
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:57:45 +0100

Frank Schmitt <usereplyto2005@frank-schmitt.net> writes:

> Peter Petersen <ppetersen@despammed.com> writes:
>
>> Somewhere while googling I read that fonts such as bitstream vera sans
>> mono don't look good in emacs, because emacs doesn't work with Xft,
>> whereas this font looks great in applications like opera, firefox etc.
>
> You could try to get a freetype library with truetype hinting enabled,
> perhaps Bitstream Vera Sans Mono looks better then.

Hm, sorry, I don't understand what this means in practice... Do you
think of something emacs specific? What would it be called?

If you mean installing freetype for my Linux system (not just emacs), it IS
already installed, and bitstream vera sans mono already looks great,
except (among others) in emacs.

later
Peter