Re: BBDB and EUDC/LDAP

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: BBDB and EUDC/LDAP
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:54:52 +0200

On Tue, Mar 29 2005, Sébastien Kirche wrote:

> I have searched a little further and found in cvs gnus that
> message-expand-name has been modified to call eudc-expand-inline if
> eudc-protocol is defined.
>
> Seem to be exactly what i am looking for.
>
> But I am with cvs Emacs, not cvs Gnus : maybe I will have to wait a
> bit until merge of the feature ?

Don't hold your breath.  Unless there is a change in the policies, No
Gnus will not be merged into Emacs 22.  You'll probably have to wait
for Emacs 23.  We only merge bugfixes to the stable branch (Gnus
5.10.x aka Oort Gnus) into Emacs' repository.  This is not a bugfix,
so I wouldn't install it in the stable branch without Lars' okay.  But
as this particular change is very limited, you may ask Lars whether it
is okay to install it in the stable branch.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)