Re: Does gnus-uu-post-encoded chooses primary backend?

From: Bruno Hertz
Subject: Re: Does gnus-uu-post-encoded chooses primary backend?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:17:41 +0200

"Bruno Hertz" <spammer.go.home@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm just working my way through the Gnus manual and playing around with
> stuff, and one thing I've never done before is posting uuencoded articles,
> so I thought I might check that out as well.
>
> Now, all works alright save one issue, i.e. when I do S u in the summary group
> of a secondary select backend, compose my article, insert file and then send,
> Gnus tries to post the encoded parts to the primary server anyway. Is this
> expected behavior? I found no variable to fix this, so I presume it's a bug

Ahem, now this is mysterious. I just changed my primary server - to see how
that goes either, while at it - but gnus-uu-post-encoded still posts to that
server, which is now part of the secondary select methods. The summary buffer
from which I posted was a group from my now different primary server, though.

Now, this is really strange. Any advice on how to debug this (increase
verbosity by turning some variable on or something)?

Thanks, Bruno.