Re: Expiring articles

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Expiring articles
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:37:15 +0100

David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:

> David Sumbler <david@nospam.co.uk> writes:
>
>> How do I expire a number of articles in a mail group?  I only seem to
>> be able to mark one at a time, using "E", but sometimes I would like
>> to expire a number of items, or even everything in the group.
>
> Use the process/prefix convention: mark the articles you want to
> expire (using '#' on individual articles, 'M P b' to mark the whole
> buffer, etc.) then type 'M-& E' to expire all of the marked articles.
>
>> Also, is there a way of removing an item immediately, without having
>> to wait a week (or whatever time I have specified for the group) for
>> it to expire?
>
> 'B DEL'

Thanks for those.  I've had another look, and now I see them in the
Gnus 5.10 Reference Card.  I don't know why I hadn't spotted 'B DEL'.
'M-&' is definitely going to be a useful one.

A further query: according to the Reference Card, 'E' or 'M e' works
with "scope".  But if I type (say) '5 E' or 'M-5 M e' or anything
similar, I still only get one message marked as expirable.

How should I be using "scope"?

David

--

David Sumbler

Please reply with a followup to the newsgroup.

However, if you _really_ want to send me an e-mail,
replace "nospam" in my address with "aeolia".