Re: no primary server !

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: no primary server !
Date: 25 Apr 2005 20:53:08 -0700

Flatty> Is there a way to make gnus NOT check the primary server and
Flatty> even NOT use it at all ?  I tried setting the variable
Flatty> gnus-select-method to nil but gnus allways wants a nntp server !

Adam> Perhaps you can use nnnil as the primary server?
Adam> Something like:

Adam>  (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil))

Why?  Why not simply make the real source of articles (a mail backend,
I presume) the primary?

--
Optimist: We're only two weeks behind schedule.
Pessimist: The schedule is a whole two weeks ahead of us.