Re: sending a draft message

From: Philip Clark
Subject: Re: sending a draft message
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:08:54 +0100

Andrew Raines <aa@raines.ws> writes:

> Philip Clark <P.J.Clark@ed.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> If I have a draft message, I then use 'D e' to edit
>> it. Then I try to send it with Ctrl c c. However, this just
>> seems to save a new version of the draft and doesn't
>> actually send it.  Does anyone know how I can actually send
>> the message.
>
> I'm not sure why C-c C-c does that.  Is it bound to
> message-send-and-exit?
>
> Anyway, you can try `D s' on the article from the summary
> buffer and see if that sends it.

Hi Andrew,

D s doesn't work either it just seems to search for a description.

also C-h C-c C-c just enters help so I can't see what it is bound
to. The only thing I think of is that I have the following and maybe it
messes things up

;; Get rid of News directory
(setq gnus-agent-directory "~/mail/agent")
(setq gnus-article-save-directory "~/mail")
(setq gnus-kill-files-directory "~/mail/")
(setq gnus-dribble-directory "~/mail/")
(setq message-auto-save-directory "~/mail")

Other than that I can't see anything wrong.

-Phil