gnus config files

From: Baloff
Subject: gnus config files
Date: 26 Jul 2005 22:36:17 +1000

I created this .newsrc which I put in it the groups I want to
subscribe to, could some one tell me if I am doing wrong here.
here is my file
(setq gnus-default-subscribed-newsgroups '(sci.math gnu.emacs.help
gnu.gcc.help gnu.emacs.gnus)

when I
M-x gnus
doesn't suppose to open a frame and in it I find those groups and then
I go to any of them, I just came from Mozilla mail/news reader and
M$out-look and without your help I am lost.

here is my .gnus as well
;;C-h i m gnus for more info about this file
(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.iprimus.com.au"))
(setq gnus-select-server nil) ;should be nil be default but just in case
(setq gnus-nov-is-evil nil) ;quicken grabbing article headers
(setq guns-read-active-file nil) ;prevent requestion the entire active file
(setq gnus-check-bogus-newsgroups nil)
(setq gnus-treat-hide-headers 'head ;cut down the header to minimum
      gnus-treat-hide-signature t
      gnus-treat-hide-citation t)

this is my first post ever with emacs/gnus, how can I change the
name/email address and personal info, I even don't know if I can get
my emails with this thing, can some one tell me how.

thanks