Re: Moving an article within summary buffer

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: Moving an article within summary buffer
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:56:00 -0400

romeomedina@libero.it writes:

> I put in ~/.gnus.el:
>
>      (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions
>          '(gnus-thread-sort-by-date))
>
> , but for some strange reason sorting is still done
> on article numbers and not on date, when articles
> have the same subject. How on earth do I fix that?

Are you using threading?  info://gnus/Sorting+the+Summary+Buffer
mentions that, if you're not, you need to use
gnus-article-sort-functions and gnus-article-sort-by-date, etc.,
instead.  Also note the comment that you probably want
gnus-{article,thread}-sort-by-number at the front of the list to get a
consistent sort in case two articles have the same date.

  --dzm