No Gnus doesn't see new posts

From: Maciek Pasternacki
Subject: No Gnus doesn't see new posts
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:35:15 +0200

I use No Gnus (CVS checkout now from a few days ago) on GNU Emacs 22
(fresh checkout too).  Some time ago my primary Usenet server crashed
and was reinstalled, and article numbers were lost.  From that time on
whatever I do with Gnus to rehash article numbers, it doesn't see new
articles when offline. I.e. I start up Gnus, see all groups on native
server caught up (no new articles) (on other NNTP servers I do see
other articles, so do I get mail via nnmail).  When after some time
I hit `g', Gnus gets new articles -- but only those that were sent
after Gnus was started.  I can use groups normally while Gnus is on;
then I quit Emacs and when I start Gnus again, there are no unread
articles on all native groups (even if I left some unread ones when
quitting Gnus -- those are caught-up too).

I tried all I could think of to re-initialize native server; I have
even gone to what I think is complete rehash:

 - un-agentize primary server (it might be some old agent files left
   over);
 - M-x gnus-agent-expire, and let it delete all files related to
   server;
 - M-x gnus-agent-regenerate, just in case;
 - M-x gnus-group-clear-data-on-native-groups, to make Gnus forget all
   numbers, marks and everything related to server;
 - catch-up (`c' from *Group* buffer) on all native groups;
 - agentize server again

Doesn't work too.  I still can't see new articles.  Any ideas what
might be wrong?

I'd be grateful if you'd Cc: replies to my e-mail since this group is
also on my primary server and I may not see replies ;)

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp@japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { ...bibit puer, bibit canus, bibit presul et decanus,