Re: Gnus vs Cache : need advice plus a question

From: Flatman
Subject: Re: Gnus vs Cache : need advice plus a question
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:48:00 +0100

Hi,

I do have a laptop , but don't use agent (too slow)...
What I do is : I use getmail for downloading mails from pop (in a
cronjob) and procmail for sorting the received mail. Gnus just reads
that mail from local dirs... that may occur offline then.
For reading news I installed leafnode on my laptop. Gnus accesses the
news locally .
Only for sending mail I need to be online , news can be sent offline.

I hope this helps ...

--
Erik

* Life is wonderful with Emacs and Perl *