Re: Q: Ignoring all binaries in binary newsgroup?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Q: Ignoring all binaries in binary newsgroup?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:15:45 +0100

On Mon, Nov 28 2005, support.services.complaints@gmail.com wrote:

> I at times have cause to read groups in the a.b hier. Some of the posts
> are text but the fast majority of them are yEnc or UU. I would like to
> be able to see all the text messages, but ignore all the binary
> messages.

AFAIK there is no way to recognize yEnc or uuencoded from the headers
of a posting.  Gnus supports scoring on the body, but it most probably
is quite slow.

Maybe it makes more sense to score on the number of lines in the
article.  Hm, it seems that NNTP doesn't provide the "Lines:" header.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)