Configuring gnus for gmail

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: Configuring gnus for gmail
Date: 31 Jan 2006 07:34:00 -0800

Hi.

I've tried to follow the indications at:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13287

in order to configure gnus to fetch and send mail from and to
gmail, but it doesn't work: gnus sticks when opened.
In my .gnus.el I put the following stuff:

(setq user-mail-address "rodolfo.medina@gmail.com")
(setq user-full-name "Rodolfo Medina")

(setq mail-sources '((pop :server "pop.gmail.com"
                          :user "rodolfo.medina@gmail.com"
)))

(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com")

. Is anybody there who has a direct experience in the matter?

Any help highly appreciated,
Rodolfo