Re: Binary capability in Gnus

From: Aaron Hsu
Subject: Re: Binary capability in Gnus
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 00:24:27 -0500

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

> Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> writes:
>> I take it then that Yenc files are not supported?
>
> There seems to be some support, though maybe not exactly the same way as
> uuencoded files -- if you read a message with yenc encoding, it shows a
> pseudo-mime like notation, and the usual mime commands work (e.g., `b'
> will prompt you to save the yenc contents).
>
> I'm not sure whether there's a way to combine this was the usual Gnus
> series commands (`M P s' etc)...

And here I thought Gnus was the newsreader that did everything... ;-)

Well, I am not sure that it quite suffices for my needs, but at least I
know that something is there for the using.

At least, is there a way to search for articles over multiple groups? I
am using Giganews, and I would like to do searches for topics over say,
a subset of newsgroups like gnu.emacs.* or something. However, I would
not be subscribed to all those newsgroups, and I would really only want
to pinpoint a few files very quickly.

--
Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> Jabber: arcfide@xmpp.us
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin