IMAP Process Not Running

From: Aaron Hsu
Subject: IMAP Process Not Running
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 18:56:52 -0500

I have Gnus configured to use my IMAP server as my main mail system. I
find that it works well in general, but there is one irksome problem.

If I sit too long reading some mail or some such, and try to enter one
of my IMAP groups by using SPC, then I receive a message that the IMAP
process is not running. I am using openssl encrypted IMAP.

Now, I can enter the group by using ENTER, and that works. However, I
like to have my messages saved when I send them, and I want them to be
saved to my IMAP server, where I can access them at some other
location. However, if I write a long email and too much time goes by,
then the message errors out when sending. The message itself is actually
sent, but the message is not saved to the IMAP server, and I am returned
to the message composition window. This leads me to trouble, because if
I try to use it again and start up the IMAP process, I end up sending
duplicate emails to people.

Is there a way for Gnus to automatically reconnect to my IMAP server
when attempting to do these operations?

--
Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> Jabber: arcfide@xmpp.us
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin