Re: jed -> gnus newbie

From: notbob
Subject: Re: jed -> gnus newbie
Date: 04 May 2006 02:08:26 -0700

Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> writes:

> Works here too - bravo!

I getting more comfortable w/ gnus, but there's still some confusing
issues.

1. How are the bizarre letter combinations for some functions
keyed?  IOW, for gnus-article-treat-overstrike, the gnus manual shows
the letter combo 'W v'.  I know this is for washing verbose, but I can
only do it using the menu.  There are others like G P a, H v, J M-#,
etc.  How are these keyed?

2. Note my 'Sender:' header.  Where is emacs getting that variable?
   How can I change/disable it?

3. Is it possible to logon to my NNTP server with ssh?  Howzabout with
   xemacs?

> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki

That reminds me.  What's the command to go to a URL? ...and where do I
set a browser?

> And for all those lovely packages which ensure that you will _never_ have
> to leave Emacs ever again ............

How to change to root from user so I can do a quickie sysadmin.  Or,
must I start emacs from root?

Keep checking back.  I gotta million of 'em!  ;)

nb