Re: Unsubscribe command

From: Burton Samograd
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 15:17:12 -0600

notbob <notbob@nothome.com> writes:

> What's with the unsubscribe command (u)?  No probs marking groups as
> unsubscribed.  But, when restarting gnus, or even total emacs restart,
> unsubscribed groups are still be present along with U flag.  Going
> into ~/.newsrc file and deleting group name finally deleted
> unsubscribed groups completely.  I did notice these unsubscribed
> groups had an exclamation point (!) at the end of the group name.  For
> example....
>
> gnus.emacs.gnus!
>
> Is that why they would not go away?  If so, how did the ! get there?

You can use C-k in the group buffer to delete the group from the list,
and then s to save your changes.  As always in gnus there might be a
better or more proper way, but that works for me.

Another thought is G <DEL>, but I haven't tried that for usenet
groups...

--
burton samograd                                 kruhft .at. gmail
kruhft.blogspot.com     www.myspace.com/kruhft  metashell.blogspot.com