gnus, maildir and evolution

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: gnus, maildir and evolution
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 14:03:06 +0200

I have fetchmail/procmail running and gnus now reading the maildir
format (nnmaildir).

Has anyone here had success in pointing evolution at these directories?
Does evolution support maildir? The options are there but I cant select
a directory in the maildir select dialog : only a message file itself.

If you are using gnus in maildir mode I would appreciate if anyone could
tell me if they can get evolution to read the same directories.

I realise this may be system specific (in this case ubuntu 5.10), but
hopefully some of you gnus gurus have tried this.