Re: Thread limiting

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Thread limiting
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 18:28:17 +0200

"Guillaume R." <raimondeau@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Guillaume,

> I really don't know that it could be combined with C-u. I've just
> tried it and it works fine.

You should always have a look at the function's documentation. If it
mentions a "prefix" argument, that can be given with C-u <arg>.

> But I tried to put it in my .gnus to automatize that at the startup
> and it does not work.  Do you know what I must write in my .gnus so
> that I got the result of your command at the startup automagically?

Try this one.

(add-hook 'gnus-summary-prepare-hook
          (lambda ()
            (gnus-summary-limit-to-age 30 t)))

,----[ C-h v gnus-summary-prepare-hook RET ]
| gnus-summary-prepare-hook is a variable defined in `gnus-sum.el'.
| Its value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| *A hook called after the summary buffer has been generated.
| If you want to modify the summary buffer, you can use this hook.
`----

Hope this helps,
Tassilo
--
"Emacs is not a development tool but a way of life."
     - David Kastrup in alt.religion.emacs -