Re: For the complete novice without knowledge of code how to deal with t

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: For the complete novice without knowledge of code how to deal with the code for setting up mail in gnus
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 23:10:37 -0500

"Johan Bockgård" <bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se> wrote in message
yoijbqs7jwv4.fsf@iota202.dd.chalmers.se">news:yoijbqs7jwv4.fsf@iota202.dd.chalmers.se...
> "B. T. Raven" <ecinmn@alcisp.com> writes:
>
> > How can I use one email address for mail and one for news, using
> > gnus for both?
>
> Like
>
>     (setq gnus-posting-styles
>           '(...
>             (message-news-p
>              (address "me+news@foo.bar"))
>             ...))
>
> See (info "(gnus)Posting Styles")
>
> --
> Johan Bockgård

Thanks, Johan. That looks like some light, entertaining reading. ;-)

To Don, the first sentence of the info doc is:

"All them variables, they make my head swim." There is an inevitable
tension between ease of use and powerful functionality in any software or
indeed in any tool. If the developers had decided to make emacs and gnus
an easily configurable black box then no one would be interested in it.
Remember "....  Now, patience; and remember patience is the great thing,
and above all things else we must avoid anything like being or becoming
out of patience...."

Ed.