Re: erhm... I have a problem deleting articles...

From: martin
Subject: Re: erhm... I have a problem deleting articles...
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:07:17 +0200

"MJ" == Martin Jørgensen <hotmail_spam@hotmail.com> writes:
 MJ> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus
 MJ> Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:23:28 +0200
 MJ>
 MJ> Hi,
 MJ>
 MJ> I have a small newbie-gnus problem... I have two buffers called:
 MJ> nndraft:drafts and nndraft:queue and there are a couple of old
 MJ> postings/old messages/garbage which I can't figure out how to
 MJ> delete. One of the messages/postings is this:
 MJ>
 MJ> -------
 MJ> From (me)
 MJ> Subject: cmsg cancel <m14pzaz38w.fsf@totally-fudged-out-message-id>
 MJ> Newsgroups: dk.edb.system.unix
 MJ> Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 15:46:50 +0200
 MJ>
 MJ> I am canceling my own article.
 MJ> -------
 MJ>
 MJ> I think I tried to cancel the message and then the above appeared
 MJ> in one of those buffers. I guess those are "special" buffers
 MJ> somehow.
 MJ>
 MJ> It is probably a stupid/easy question, but I can't figure out how
 MJ> to delete those messages in those buffers....
 MJ>
 MJ>
 MJ> Best regards
 MJ> Martin Jørgensen
 MJ>
 MJ> --
 MJ> -----------------------------------------------------------
 MJ> Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk

B <delete> runs the command gnus-summary-delete-article
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum'.
(gnus-summary-delete-article &optional N)

Delete the N next (mail) articles.
This command actually deletes articles.  This is not a marking
command.  The article will disappear forever from your life, never to
return.

If N is negative, delete backwards.
If N is nil and articles have been marked with the process mark,
delete these instead.

If `gnus-novice-user' is non-nil you will be asked for
confirmation before the articles are deleted.

--
parozusa at web dot de