Re: HTML rendering in gnus

From: Holger Sparr
Subject: Re: HTML rendering in gnus
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:44:40 +0200

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006, Hadron Quark wrote:

> Holger Sparr <sparr+usenet@mfk.mw.tu-dresden.de> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006, Hadron Quark wrote:
>>
>>> Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>>>

>> [...]
>>>>

>>> Ok, this works - but what w3m function to open this link in the emacs
>>> buffer? Cant seem to get any of the mentioned ones to
>>> work. Interestingly the link isnt shown in the w3m buffer as underlined
>>> : but w3m-view-url-with-external-browser does indeed "pick up" the html
>>> link and opens it successfully in another browser. What do I need for
>>> w3m to do this in the article buffer?
>>>

>> Simply w3m.
>
> That opens the welcome to w3m info page. Im sorry, but I'm confused
> now. I guess  its following w3m-home-page and not the underlying link.

When using w3m you need put this in .gnus.el (what I assumed, you did):

     (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)

Then in a text/html-part a simple RET (bound to 'w3m-safe-view-this-url)
would do.

In a text/plain-part M-x w3m RET would check the string under point as a
possible url to visit.

At least this is the way it works here.

Holger