Re: Why I can't use gnus...

From: Mathias Gehrung
Subject: Re: Why I can't use gnus...
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:51:44 +0200

David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

> On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 23:31:48 +0200 Mathias Gehrung wrote:
>
> Why don't you use external programs for sending and fetching
> mails?  fetchmail and exim work pretty well for me.  IMHO
> thats not the job of the MUA anyway.
>
> David

That's because this is my desktop computer and I don't want to have to
care about numberless services on it. Obviously the work for
configuration and maintainig has to be done, but I prefer it this way.
Another point is that I'm using different mailaccounts with different
SMTP-Servers. When I tried to use a typical MTA for that I found no
way to do it. I only found one which was able to handle different relay
hosts. Because of that I switched to MUA which are also able to send
and recieve directly.

Mathias