Re: GNus 5.9.0 tries opening HTML, but text/plain preferred

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: GNus 5.9.0 tries opening HTML, but text/plain preferred
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:39:27 +0200

On Wed, Oct 18 2006, Jerry Sievers wrote:

> This is GNus 5.9.0 on Fedora-4.
[...]
> Gnus manual refers to "The EMacs MIME Manual" for more info on how
> Gnus might handle automatic opening of MIME parts.
>
> I dont' find that manual here.

(info "(emacs-mime)Top"); <== Press C-x C-e here!

If this doesn't bring you to the following node, your installation is
broken or Fedora's Emacs or Gnus package is broken.

,----[ (info "(emacs-mime)Top") ]

`----

> Question; how would I tell Gnus to choose text/plain over text/html
> when doing inline rendering of message content?

FAQ:

,----[ (info "(gnus)[4.6]") | http://my.gnus.org/FAQ ]
| Question 4.6
|
| I'd like Gnus NOT to render HTML-mails but show me the text part if
| it's available. How to do it?
|
| Answer
|
| Say
|
|      (eval-after-load "mm-decode"
|       '(progn
|            (add-to-list 'mm-discouraged-alternatives "text/html")
|            (add-to-list 'mm-discouraged-alternatives "text/richtext")))
|    in ~/.gnus.el. If you don't want HTML rendered, even if there's no
| text alternative add
|
|      (setq mm-automatic-display (remove "text/html" mm-automatic-display))
|    too.
`----

I'm not sure if it works for the ancient Gnus 5.9, though.

> PS: Also curious that "customize group, Gnus MIME is empty of anything
> configureable?

Hm, yes.  This customize group seems to be bogus (also in the current
version).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,