Re: args-out-of-range error when loading a group

From: Tim
Subject: Re: args-out-of-range error when loading a group
Date: 10 Nov 2006 13:01:51 -0800

Tim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Gnus for both mail and Usenet news, but have a problem with
> opening groups when a message author's name contains non-ASCII
> characters. I was actually going to post here using Gnus, but the
> problem occurred here too. Sorry Sébastien, your message gets to be an
> example.  <grin>
>
> Is there a Gnus setting which will prevent the error?

Just to follow up to myself, it is the string-match function which was
blowing up on the accented or other characters. I did find that I had
had the Mule version of XEmacs installed, and since I don't need that
functionality, I tried replacing it with the non-Mule version. That
seems to have worked fine, so I can now open groups where the user's
name has these characters.