Re: gmail from gnus

From: Radek
Subject: Re: gmail from gnus
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:32:43 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Did you follow the instructions?

Yes.

> Post your setup.  You don't need the full setup if you only expect to
> send mail from your Gmail account.  Just the following lines.

For start I started with smtp and when it's functional will proceeed to
pop.

This is my setup regarding smtp:

(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-starttls-credentials '(("smtp.gmail.com" 587 nil nil)))
(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials '(("smtp.gmail.com" 587 "myusername"
"mypasswd")))
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-service 587))

> If it's still not working, make sure starttls.el can find the
> necessary software.  The following:
>
> (executable-find starttls-program)
>
> should return something other than nil.  If not, adjust the value of
> starttls-program accordingly with customize-variable.

I understood if I use GnuTLS then starttls-program is not used but
GnuTLS program gnu-cli in starttls-use-gnutls function. Should I set
starttls-program?

Radek