Re: How to view html email with firefox in winxp?

From: Gernot Hassenpflug
Subject: Re: How to view html email with firefox in winxp?
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:51:38 +0900

hyhhdd@sina.com.cn writes:

> I use gnus+ntemacs for a while and feel comfortable with it.
> A problem arose when I tryed to use firefox to view some text/html
> part in a mail .It's so ugly to view it with w3 . The firefox said: unknown
> protocal xxxxxx. I think the reason may be that the string gnus send to
> the firefox is in unix format not in Dos format.
> Any one has success experience on it?  How to ?

Can you send the relevant part of your gnus setup? IIRC, MS Windows OS
internally uses UTF-8, but if you are in China or Taiwan, maybe your
version of Windows uses something else? If you are worried about the
gnus output string (something not possible to ascertain without
further info on your setup), maybe you ca set gnus output to the same
encoding.
--
Gernot Hassenpflug (gernot@rish.kyoto-u.ac.jp)      Tel: +81 774 38-3866
JSPS Fellow (Rm.403, RISH, Kyoto Uni.)              Fax: +81 774 31-8463