Re: Gnus + Leafnode = 10 minutes to start

From: SINNER
Subject: Re: Gnus + Leafnode = 10 minutes to start
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:40:02 GMT

* Charles philip Chan wrote in gnu.emacs.gnus:
> On 29 Dec 2006, 99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid wrote:

>> it is recreating the entire Usenet hierarchy in
>> ~News/marks/localhost/*

> Did you look in the directories? They only contain a .marks file.

No, but why would it mark what is not necessary?

>> ...  uk uq uunet vegas wales world yu ukc ural uva verio wanadoo
>> worldnet yuba ukonline us uvic vgc wanadoouk wpg z- ukr usask uvm vic
>> wash wpi za ukrainet usa-today uw video weblogic wri zen ...

> Are you subscribed to all these groups?

absolutley not.

[04:34 PM][J:0][sinner@~]$ cat .newsrc | grep ':'
alt.comp.os.linux: 1-64
alt.games.mame: 1-902,1598,1600
alt.os.linux: 1-1081,1433,2586,2588,2594-2595,2605-2606
alt.os.linux.debian: 1-213
alt.os.linux.ubuntu: 1-1231
alt.smokers.cigars: 1-1553
news.software.readers: 1-3000,3090-3092

>> I have a local spool and want to use it but for some reason it is not
>> compatible with leafnode. I use leafnode2 <see headers> if that
>> matters.

> There is no problem with GNUS and Leafnode. I have been using this combo
> for years.

Do you use the spool or nntp setting in .gnus.el?

--
David
Do you know Montana?