Re: Gnus sen mail problem from Ubuntu PC

From: Torben Knudsen
Subject: Re: Gnus sen mail problem from Ubuntu PC
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:53:47 +0100

Tassilo> Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk> writes: Hi Torben,

>> How do I do that? I think gnus insist on using sendmail!

Tassilo> You can use sendmail or any smtp server with smtpmail.el,
Tassilo> which comes with emacs/gnus. Maybe you need a more up-to-date
Tassilo> version. Here's my config for it.

Tassilo> ,----[ ~/.gnus.el ] | (require 'smtpmail) | (setq
Tassilo> send-mail-with-sendmail nil) | (setq send-mail-function
Tassilo> 'smtpmail-send-it) | (setq message-send-mail-function
Tassilo> 'smtpmail-send-it) | (setq smtpmail-smtp-server
Tassilo> "mail.messagingengine.com") `----

That fixed my sending problem.  However I have a additional qestion:
I remember last I used gnus two years ago I save the mails i needed by
moving them to groups by names like "nnimap+AUC:ARC.private".  I find
this a bit strange and I can't figure out how to move these files to a
subdirectory so they all clutter my root directory.

Is the above the only way to store mail?
Is the above the best way to store mail?
If yes how can I use a subdirestory for these "nnimap+AUC:ARC." files?

I find it quit difficult to read and understand the info/manual.

--

Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen     Phone   : (+45) 9635 8670
Section of Automation and Control,      Email   : tk@es.aau.dk