Re: posting name in summary buffer

From: Martin Jørgensen
Subject: Re: posting name in summary buffer
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:59:00 +0100

> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 15:25:50 +0000, Springfield wrote:
>
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>>> (And please consider not using that style of quoting, most people
>>> don't, and it just confuses most non-emacs-supercite readers).

Thanks. I will consider that but I'm not sure how it should confuse
readers. I think it looked very clear who wrote what...

>> I'd just like to follow that up with a hear hear. That style of posting
>> really screws up the formatting of deep posts.

Ok.

> I do not dislike the style as such - I think it can help in threads with
> many relies, because you can see who wrote what directly and don't
> have to compare number of '>'s with author.

The most annoying thing is with "deep" discussion where people delete
who wrote what and then you can't keep track of who wrote what... But
I'll read about supercite and consider it.

> The problem is all the discussions from people that do dislike the
> style - or don't understand it - that inevatibly ensue, IMHO.

:-)

Best regards
Martin Jørgensen

Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk