Re: nnrss keeping http connections open

From: Andreas Seltenreich
Subject: Re: nnrss keeping http connections open
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 06:37:50 +0200

thorne writes:

> Hi.  I am wondering if it is normal that nnrss in gnus seems to be
> holding http connections open indefinitely.

This is probably the URL package using the connection keep-alive
feature of HTTP.  So it is normal that connections remain open until
they're closed from the server side.

> Only when i finally quit all the way out of emacs (IIRC) does it
> tell me there are active connections still.

I think it is rather unfortunate that the user is bothered with this
implementation detail when exiting Emacs.  However, this should be
easily fixable by resetting the query-on-exit flag on idle
connections.  I'll rise this on emacs-devel.

regards,
andreas