Re: killing, but good

From: Bob Fry
Subject: Re: killing, but good
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:02:57 -0700

    AA> Bob Fry <bobfry@mailinator.com> writes:
    >> For me this often works to Lfst<ret>

    AA> Thanks. I went to one offending poster and did this. It had
    AA> the effect of marking with a Y all of the followups to
    AA> postings by this particular author but did nothing to the
    AA> article itself. Also, I'm not sure whether this has to be done
    AA> every time one needs the newsgroup.

You only have to do it once.  I'm not familiar with the "Y" marking,
perhaps it's a function of a different type of Emacs (I use XEmacs).

    AA> I don't have a file named init.el. I do have a file named
    AA> .emacs. Should I use that one?

Hmm, you're using GNU Emacs, instead of XEmacs?  It's been a long time
since I used GNU Emacs, but I think your .emacs file is the one to
use. Is there other initialization-looking stuff in there?
--
How do you feel about women's rights ? I like either side of them.
  Groucho Marx