Re: switching from gnus to thunderbird

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: switching from gnus to thunderbird
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 23:11:18 +0800

*On Wed, 09 May 2007 10:03:49 +0200
* heddy Boubaker <boubaker@tls.cena.fr> climbed out of the dark hell and cried
out:

> hi
>
> I *have to* switch to thunderbird for mails, but I would like to keep my
> archives and current mails. Archives are in nnfolder and current mails
> in nnml, I have too my adresses in bbdb. Does anyboy know how to do that
> please ? (promise I'll continue reading news with gnus :)
>
> thanks in advance

As I know, TB uses mbox.

nnfolder is Unix mbox, so it's not problem at all.
For nnml groups, "cat * > mboxname" should work. Then you can copy all
mboxes to TB mail dir, and restart TB. It can read and list them.

For bbdb, maybe you can find something useful from link
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BbdbExporters. TB can import LDIF
or CSV.

And I have a better solution: stick to Gnus and forget TB :-p Esp. for
archiving emails, when some folder has huge emails (in number and disk
file size), you'll feel painful.