Re: nnimap sent mail

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: nnimap sent mail
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:25:17 -0400

Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.nl> writes:

> I use nnimap in Gnus and I like it very much. Doing a "G c" yesterday
> I was overwhelmed by all the options I saw. Never seen something quite
> like that. Today I noticed however that E-mail I sent from within gnus
> is not saved somewhere. In other mua's I can say where to save
> outgoing email. I'm sure that is possible in Gnus too, but *how*
> So, I'm looking for a global setting where to keep a copy of my
> outgoing e-mails (Gnus/nnimap). I appreciate any help on this.

Not the popular answer, I know, but I have Gnus Bcc: outgoing mail to
myself.

(setq message-required-mail-headers
      (nconc message-required-mail-headers
             (list '(Bcc . "dmaze@mit.edu"))))

Then my sorting rules pick out mail either to or from an individual, so
all of my correspondence with people that have their own mail groups can
show up as a threaded conversation in the respective group.  Duplicate
suppression deals with things like mailing lists where I'm going to get
a copy of my own mail sent back at me.  This works better for me than
having to trace a thread between two different groups depending on
whether I sent the message or not.

  --dzm