Re: Can access everything but Inbox on my IMAP server

From: levander
Subject: Re: Can access everything but Inbox on my IMAP server
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:44:02 -0700

Further, I'm playing with deleting articles now.  I'd better not get
into what I think gnus is doing, and I remember reading something
about Gnus not working like other mail readers.  But, in Thunderbird
when I delete a mail message, it gets moved to the Trash folder on the
IMAP server.  However, when I delete a message in gnus via "B
<backspace>" and then quitting gnus, the message just disappears.  I
check the message in the Trash folder in Thunderbird, and it's just
not there...

Also, other email clients I've used will sit there and re-check the
mail server for more messages.  It seems gnus only does this check
when you start gnus.  So, to see if I have new mail, I have to
completely restart gnus by quitting it, then starting it again.  Maybe
there's a way just to have gnus poll the IMAP server for new messages?