Re: Can access everything but Inbox on my IMAP server

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Can access everything but Inbox on my IMAP server
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:04:22 +0200

levander <levander404@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

> I wish there was an *Accounts* buffer with gnus, where each account
> could be exanded to show the groups in that account

There is. When you're in *Group* hit `^' to enter the server buffer and
there hit `RET' on a server. That will list all groups available on that
server.

> I have many different email addresses, and it would definitely be best
> to have all my groups divided by accounts.  Maybe I can figure out
> some way to sort *Groups* by account?

Create a topic for each account.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Topics") ]
| If you read lots and lots of groups, it might be convenient to group
| them hierarchically according to topics.  You put your Emacs groups
| over here, your sex groups over there, and the rest (what, two groups
| or so?)  you put in some misc section that you never bother with
| anyway.  You can even group the Emacs sex groups as a sub-topic to
| either the Emacs groups or the sex groups--or both!  Go wild!
`----

To take care that gnus always uses the right email address for an
account, have a look at posting styles.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Posting Styles") ]
|    So what if you want a different `Organization' and signature based
| on what groups you post to?  And you post both from your home machine
| and your work machine, and you want different `From' lines, and so on?
`----

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Chuck Norris does  not have to answer the phone. His  beard picks up the
incoming electrical impulses and translates them into audible sound.