Re: What other forums might be tried?... for learning about free news se

From: thesak
Subject: Re: What other forums might be tried?... for learning about free news servers besides http://groups.google.com/group/alt.free.newsservers/
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:17:13 -0000

On Jun 25, 2:04 pm, a...@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:03:41 -0000, thesak wrote:
> > | I tried the first on both fencepost.gnu.org and my
> > | home machine and the second on just my home machine.
> > | Both failed.
>
> That is a very poor description of what happened.
>
> No one can help you - barring new and unforseen developements in mind
> reading technology - unless you a) describe what you did exactly, b)
> describe what you would expect to happen, and finally: c) explain what
> happened instead.
>
> dotsrc.org runs a usenet-server with public access (you need to
> register). It may or may not carry the groups you want to read. You can
> learn more here: <http://dotsrc.org/usenet/>
>
> (There are even 5 lines about how to configure Gnus:
>  <http://dotsrc.org/usenet/clientconfig/>).
>
>   Best regards,
>
>     Adam
>
> ¹ By the way, I'd recommend Simon Tathams "How to Report Bugs
>   Effectively" <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>
>   before the text by Eric S. Raymond that have been mentioned in this
>   thread.
>
> --
>  "Money always takes the place of life"                       Adam Sjøgren
>                                                          a...@koldfront.dk

Thank you Adam Sjo/gren !

Where around the web are there any
similarly formulated writings?... on
. how to fix bugs effectively
. how to process bug reports
. how to address bug reports
. how to update bug reports submitted
. how to track bug reports
. how to get the status of bug reports
and so forth

"All that I've learned, I've forgotten. The little I still know, I've
guessed."
"Ce que j'ai appris, je l'ai oublié; ce que je sais, je l'ai inventé."
-Chamfort

"Man arrives as a beginner at each age of his life."
"L'homme arrive novice à chaque âge de sa vie." -Chamfort