Re: how to obtain green background for some text?

From: Gernot Hassenpflug
Subject: Re: how to obtain green background for some text?
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 01:28:53 +0900

> On Sat, Jul 21 2007, Leo wrote:
>
>> On 2007-07-20 19:21 +0100, Tom Rauchenwald wrote:
>>> Do you mean something like the #v+ and #v- marks? If I
>>> recall correctly, No Gnus supports them, [...]
>> Where can I find out more about this?
>
> ,----[ (info "(message)Insertion") ]
> | `C-c M-m'
> |      Mark some region in the current article with enclosing tags.  See
> |      `message-mark-insert-begin' and `message-mark-insert-end'.  When
> |      called with a prefix argument, use slrn style verbatim marks
> |      (`#v+' and `#v-').
> |
> | `C-c M-f'
> |      Insert a file in the current article with enclosing tags.  See
> |      `message-mark-insert-begin' and `message-mark-insert-end'.  When
> |      called with a prefix argument, use slrn style verbatim marks
> |      (`#v+' and `#v-').
> `----

Thanks! As the example given by Tom Rauchenwald appears to have used
this arcane (to me) #v+ ... #v-, I will investigate that.

> For the display in article mode, see `mm-uu-type-alist'.
>
> As for Gernot's original question, I'm not sure what you are trying to
> achieve.  Please elaborate.

I cannot give an example, as I cannot duplicate this. However, can I
give a reference to an article in another newsgroup that shows this?
The purpose is simple to make it easier to distinguish a minimal
example (LaTeX) which one can then copy verbatim (boxquote does not
lend itself to that as easily, obviously). In comp.text.tex there is
this article: