Re: how to obtain green background for some text?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: how to obtain green background for some text?
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:08:58 +0200

On Sat, Jul 21 2007, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> For the display in article mode, see `mm-uu-type-alist'.
>>
>> As for Gernot's original question, I'm not sure what you are trying to
>> achieve.  Please elaborate.
>
> I cannot give an example, as I cannot duplicate this. However, can I
> give a reference to an article in another newsgroup that shows this?
> The purpose is simple to make it easier to distinguish a minimal
> example (LaTeX) which one can then copy verbatim (boxquote does not
> lend itself to that as easily, obviously). In comp.text.tex there is
> this article:
[...]
> (body not copied)

This entry in `mm-uu-type-alist' is responsible for this:

    (LaTeX
     "^\\([\\\\%][^\n]+\n\\)*\\\\documentclass.*[[{%]"
     "^\\\\end{document}"
     mm-uu-latex-extract
     nil
     mm-uu-latex-test)

I.e. if there's a line like \documentclass[foo]{bar} closed by a line
like \end{document} it is recognized as "non-MIME attachment":

,----[ <f1> v mm-uu-type-alist RET ]
| mm-uu-type-alist is a variable defined in `mm-uu'.
| Its value is shown below.
|
| Documentation:
| A list of specifications for non-MIME attachments.
| Each element consist of the following entries: label,
| start-regexp, end-regexp, extract-function, test-function.
|
| After modifying this list you must run M-x mm-uu-configure.
`----

It will not work in this group, because by default, it is only enable
in TeX groups:

,----[ <f1> v mm-uu-tex-groups-regexp RET ]
| mm-uu-tex-groups-regexp is a variable defined in `mm-uu'.
| Its value is "\\.tex\\>"
|
| Documentation:
| *Regexp matching TeX groups.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

Keep in mind that probably only Gnus will highlight the LaTeX document
in this way.  Or is anyone aware of another newsreader with this
feature?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,