Re: gnus-posting-styles confusing

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: gnus-posting-styles confusing
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:09:49 +0200

आशीष शुक्ल Ashish Shukla <wahjava@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

>> None of both.  They are used after you press `m' to initialize the
>> mail or posting buffer.

[...]

> When I press "m" in "*Group*" buffer in Gnus, a buffer comes with
> following text already filled in
>
> -- begin buffer --
> From: wahjava@gmail.com (Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल)
> Gcc: nnmaildir:sent-mail
> --text follows this line--
> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
> -- end bufer --
>
> Now, I've to fill the recipient's address in "To" field. So now tell
> me how comes is "gnus-posting-styles" thing gets invoked, when I've
> not filled in "To" field. Did you mean that it gets invoked after I
> fill "To" field, hmm.. ?

No.

> or I've to add some more stuff in my ".gnus", hmm... ? If required
> I'll paste my ".gnus" here.

I don't understand what you want to do with posting styles.  You
normally use them to initialize the mail or posting buffer based on the
group you are in.  What do you want to achieve?

Bye,
Tassilo
--
The  desire  to  be  rewarded  for one's  creativity  does  not  justify
depriving  the world  in  general of  all  or part  of that  creativity.