Re: YAGAGT - Yet Another Gnus And Gmail thread!

From: Torben Knudsen
Subject: Re: YAGAGT - Yet Another Gnus And Gmail thread!
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:38:33 +0100

Sebastian> Quoth Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk>:

Ted> Yup. Here's the relevant part of ~/.gnus:

Sebastian> Interesting that it works without defining the TLS program.
Sebastian> My setup (working at last) includes this line:

Sebastian>   (setq starttls-gnutls-program "gnutls-cli")

I had this line but now it is commented out

Ted> I have a line in .authinfo that looks like this:

Sebastian>   Hmm, that's perhaps better that putting it in your .gnus

>> Another thing I notices was "Make sure you configured necessary
>> variables appropriately and have a suitable STARTTLS-GNUTLS-PROGRAM
>> installed" How do I check if I have such a program and if I need
>> it?

Sebastian> The Debian package is called gnutls-bin.

Sebastian>   $ dpkg -l | grep gnutls

Sebastian> should tell you if you have it or not, (provided you run
Sebastian> Debian of course).

It says

tk@tk-laptop:~$ dpkg -l | grep gnutls
ii  libgnutls13                                1.4.4-3build1
the GNU TLS library - runtime library

but there is no executable program called gnutls

also there is a package gnutls-bin which I haven't got.  Should I
install it?

--
Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen     Phone   : (+45) 9635 8670
Section of Automation and Control,      Mobile  : (+45) 2787 9826